PacProcessor or Proxy Auto-Configuration Processor
Similarly removing some system apps on android is easy without affecting the operation of the device. While removing some of them might interfere with the normal operation of the device. PacProcessor is one of the essential system apps pre-installed on an android device.
Know more about PacProcessor on android. What is it for? What permission does PacProcessor have on the device? Is it a virus? Can you uninstall PacProcessor? Let’s find out the answers.
What is PacProcessor?
All the apps or a web browser on android need to detect the correct proxy to access the internet to download or fetch the data. This includes the Android system WebView app that helps an app on android to open an URL within the app.
PacProcessor or Proxy Auto-Configuration Processor is a pre-installed system app on android that is accountable to let web browsers, apps and other agent apps on the device to automatically determine the correct proxy to access the internet.
This system app is preinstalled on almost all Android devices including Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, etc. PacProcessor can be located by navigating to system folder /system/app/PacProcessor/PacProcessor.apk.
- Name: PacProcessor
- Package Name: com.android.pacprocessor
- Developer: Xiaomi Inc
What is the PacProcessor App Used for?
The basic use of PacProcessor on android to provide the essential permission to web-based apps or browsers to determine the correct proxy required to access the internet.
Can I Uninstall PacProcessor?
Yes, you can uninstall the PacProcessor app using Android Debug Bridge(ADB), System App Remover app and Titanium Backup app.
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.android.pacprocessor
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for PacProcessor and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
Is it Safe to Uninstall PacProcessor?
Uninstalling PacProcessor app may create some errors with the operation of web-based apps or may interfere with the internet access on the device.
As without the PacProcessor app on Android, it won’t be possible to provide a custom proxy server to the web browsers, apps, and other user agents for their process of web access.
What Permissions Does PacProcessor Require?
PacProcessor doesn’t require any special access permission to operate on the device. However, it may keep running in the background to monitor the web connection and proxy status on the device which may trigger the users who are highly sensitive about battery consumption by PacProcessor.
Is PacProcessor Safe or Is It a Virus?
PacProcessor is not a virus and does not contain any malicious code or keylogger. This is an internet access client app for Android devices that determines the right proxy for the app and web browsers.
Is PacProcessor Necessary?
Most of the modern apps on Android are web-based nowadays. In such without a correct proxy, these apps will not be accessible to the internet and apparently will not fetch the data using the internet.
Yes, PacProcessor is necessary for web-based apps and web browsers to access the internet. Without PacProcessor these apps will not be able to select the proxy and chance will not get connected to the internet.
PacProcessor is a system app on Android devices accountable to help the apps to determine the Navigate to about section to read more about android apps and clients.