Androidhwext is a pre-installed system app on Huawei android phones accountable to represent the EMUI on the device. Know more about Androidhwext. What is Androidhwext? What is it used for? What permission does it have on your phone? Is Androidhwext safe? Let’s Find the answers.
What is Androidhwext?
Androidhwext is a pre-installed system app on Huawei android phones. It’s a system framework that controls the style and design of the home screen and apps Huawei’s native graphical User Interface known as EMUI.
The app is installed under the package name com.android.frameworkhwext. The primary fiction o the app on the device is to control the styling and GUI of the device. This includes the dark mode as well.
It works in association with other system app packages like com.android.frameworkhwext.dark and com.android.frameworkhwext.honor and the storage path of this app is /system/framework/framework-res-hwext.apk
- Name: Androidhwext.apk
- Size: 17mb (17621769 bytes)
- Developed by: Huawei
- Package: com.android.frameworkhwext
The Androidhwext is also accountable to provide additional features like dark mode on the device. Also, users can customize the GUI of the device as well.
EMUI or Emotion User Interface is a custom operating system derived from the Android OS for Huawei Android phones. The interface is used by android devices developed by Huawei and Honor.
What permission do Androidhwext have?
Androidhwext has not any specific permissions on the device. As most of the system apps require different access permission on the device to run the specific service.
But, Androidhwext doesn’t require any specific access permission on the device.
Is Androidhwext A Virus?
Androidhwext is not a virus and doesn’t contain any malware, spyware or malicious codes. Also, there is no evidence of Androidhwext stealing your data from your device.
Can I uninstall Androidhwext?
It is not possible to uninstall or remove the Androidhwext from the device. However, you can use ADB to uninstall it.
Another method is to use the System App Remover application, on a rooted device to remove it completely.
How to uninstall Androidhwext?
Follow these methods to uninstall Androidhwext.
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.android.frameworkhwext
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for Androidhwext and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
Even though you can remove this application, it is recommended that you don’t uninstall this app because removing it might cause issues with user interface design in Huawei as well as Honor devices and you cannot enable the Dark Mode and customize the UI.
Androidhwext Consuming Too Much Battery?
It is reported that Androidhwext causes a battery draining on the device which is quite true. The app consumes battery as it keeps running in the background to maintain the styling and EMUI design,
Although if you care to see the app eating the most battery on the device. Then navigate to Settings>battery and here you can ass the list of all apps consuming the battery on the device.
Androidhwext is a system software on Huawei and Honor android phones accountable for providing the styling and EMUI interface. This is a system app and it is not possible to uninstall or remove it without root access. The app is completely safe and doesn’t contain any spyware, virus or keylogger.