What is BBCAgent on My Samsung Phone?
BBCAgent on android is a pre-installed component with Samsung KNOX and KLMS agent. Besides connecting with KNOX security, there is not so much information available on the internet. Exploring the different forums comes with no or less information and no one has explained the exact functions of BBCAgent app on android.
Know all about BBCAgent. What is it for? Is BBCAgent safe? Does it contain any virus, malware to spyware? Can you uninstall BBCAgent from Samsung? Let’s find the answers.
What is BBCAgent app?
Samsung Android phones are full of bloatware, daemon services and System apps. Some of them are essential while others are just a bug. The system apps on Samsung devices can be identified as the prefix “sec” in the package name(eg: com.sec.epdg, com.sec.bcservice, com.sec.android.app.popupcalculator, etc.)
BBCAgent is a pre-installed system app on Samsung android device that works in association Samsung KNOX security module. KNOX is a security protocol installed on every Samsung phone to provide security to the data on the device.
- Name: BBCAgent
- Package Name: com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent
- Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
What is com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent?
com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent is the package name for BBCAgent app on the Android. All the apps installed on Android has a unique package ID. This ID helps the system and developer to identify the app.
What does BBCAgent do?
The basic function of BBCAgent app is to help the KNOX security to access and execute the essential features and functions on the device by providing the essential permission on the device.
The application is installed under the package ID com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent. This is a system app and you cannot locate it under app drawer.
What Permission do BBCAgent Have?
All the system apps on Samsung require some sort of permission to run the essential services on the device. While BBCAgent has the following access permission on your device.
- Phone permission that allows the app to modify phone state, read phone status and identity.
- Storage permission that allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
Is BBCAgent safe?
BBCAgent is completely safe as it is a system app. The app is developed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. itself for Samsung Andriod Phones.
The app is completely safe and does not contain any virus, malware or spyware. Also, there is no evidence of BBCAgent containing any malicious codes or Keylogger.
Also, the app doesn’t cause any high battery or resource consumptions like CPU, RAM or storage.
If you are facing high battery usage on the device then you may see the list of bloatware safe to uninstall. Uninstalling them doesn’t need root access and the cherry on the cake, removing these apps won’t affect the normal operation of your Samsung phone or tablet.
Read Also: What is AppLinker on Android?
Can I Uninstall BBCAgent?
No, it is not possible to uninstall BBCAgent from a Samsung device. This is a built-in app essential to provide required access permission to the security module.
Also, uninstalling BBCAgent may cause security issues and might leave the KLMS agent ineffective, an important component for KNOX security.
How to Uninstall BBCAgent?
uninstall the BBCAgent using an Android Debug Bridge(ADB) or System App Remover that requires rooting the device.
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for bbcagent and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
What is Agent app on Android Used For?
The basic uses of agent apps on android is to work as an associate for other apps to provide the essential permission and accessibility to the app.
All the apps running in android require some short of access permission to the sensors like access the microphone, camera, GPS or others. In such the agent app helps these apps to get access to the specific sensor on the device.
What is DiagMonAgent Android app?
DiagMonAgent stands for Diagnostic Monitoring Agent that helps Android system to diagnose the device for wifi connectivity, and other services for potential errors. Samsung is well known for installing the DiagMonAgent as a system app on their smartphones.
BBCAgent is a pre-installed system app on all Samsung android devices with a motto to provide extra access permission to the Samsung security model called KNOX. The app is completely secure and can be located under the package ID com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent. Don’t forget to visit about section to know other apps and agents on android devices.