Know more about SKMS Agent. What are the uses of SKMSAgentServices? Is it safe? What permission do SKMSAgentServices have on your Samsung smartphones? Let’s find out the answers.
What is SKMSAgentServices?
SKMSAgentServices or SKMS agent is an internal pre-installed app on Samsung Android devices used to manage the protocol for eSE and NFC service on the device.
In simple words, the SKMSAgentServices on Samsung smartphones manages the protocol with SKMS(Service Knowledge Management System) and forwards the command to eSE to execute the concerned function or operation.
It’s an interface between the client apps and the eSE chips.
What is eSE(Embedded Secure Element)?
eSE stands for Embedded Secure Element, a microchip installed on the device circuit board that uses the SKMSAgent services client app to execute the protocol for NFCs.
What SKMSAgentServices is used for?
SKMSAgentServices is used to establish a communication between the eSE hardware chip and the NFCs or SKMS agent client to execute the given command.
Also, it ensures the security of the data on the device for a certain measure like payments, transport, ticketing, access control, etc.
What permission do SKMSAgentServices have?
As you know SKMSAgentServices works as an agent to help the device to establish the connection between the SKMS client with eSE chip.
The service requires minimum permission on the device. This app normally has few permissions and is detailed down here:
You can always verify the permission by opening the app navigating Settings ->apps -> show system apps -> SKMSAgentServices.
Is SKMSAgentServices Safe?
All the system app in your android device has their own significance and use. These apps are approved by the device manufacturer itself and can be trusted without any doubt.
The SKMSAgentServices is completely safe and doesn’t contain any virus, malware or Keylogger. However, the app can keep running in the background that might seem to be a threat to some users which is completely wrong.
How to Uninstall SKMSAgentServices?
SKMSAgentServices not only handles the communication protocol on the device but also provides security to the data on the device. So, it is not recommended to uninstall the SKMSAgentServices from your device.
Secondly, it is not possible to uninstall it without root access. Here are the methods you can follow to uninstall SKMSAgentServices from your android.
1. Using System App Removerer Software (Rooting Compulsory)
- Install System App remover software first.
- Thereafter, you need to launch it.
- Then, proceed to look out for the SKMS Agent Service app and select it.
- Next, press the uninstall option.
2. Using the Android Debug Bridge
- Go to Settings App —> System —-> About phone.
- Tap continuously about 7 times on the build number to activate the Developer Options.
- Return to the most settings menu and tap on Developer Options.
- Then, go on to activate USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder of your choice.
- Once the extraction process is complete, proceed to open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click during a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter command
- Connect your Android device to the PC with the info cable.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 SKMSAgentServices
Samsung KMS Agent APK
Samsung KMS Agent APK can help you to troubleshoot and resolve the error caused by SKMS agent. Also, it can be installed manually if you have uninstalled the app and need to reinstall it.
SKMSAgentServices or SKMS Agent is a client app that acts as an agent between NFC and eSE on Samsung phones. The app is completely safe and doesn’t contain any viruses or spyware. With minimum access permissions, the app can be trusted and should not be uninstalled as it also plays a vital role in providing security to your device data.
- What is ClipboardSaveService on Android?
- What is mobile services manager?
- What is com.sec.android.daemonapp?
- What is Ant HAL Services?
- What is com.sec.bcservice on Android?
Don’t forget to check our ABOUT section for other information guides for Android.