Android phones need several system apps, bloatware and service packages to perform several tasks. The com.sec.modern.settings app package is one of these system app packages pre-installed on android accountable to configure the modem settings on Android. The app package is displayed as SilentLogging. So, what is Silent Logging on Android? What is the usages of it? Is it safe and what are the permissions do Silent Logging has on your android smartphone or tablet? Let’s explore the answers.
As the name suggests itself, SilentLogging has nothing to do with login or silent logs on Android. This is a high-speed wireless communication for mobile devices and data terminals that comes within modern equipment.
Silent Logging is a default app on Android with the packages name com.sec.modem.setting that remains in your phone’s network modem (VOLTE) with the permission to access the call logs, mobile data, and messages.
A built-in app on android with permission to log in to the internet silently that is related to kernel management. The app is installed under the package’s name com.sec.modem.setting.
The app is, however, factory installed on Samsung Android phones but you can also download the APK file and install it manually.
Permissions do Silent Logging have
The SilentLogging needs several access permission to operate on the device. It has the permission to access the mobile data, change the internal settings, Call log access, Read the messages and run in the background.
You can verify all the permission by navigating to Settings>Apps>Show System Apps and open SilentLogging. Here go to the permissions section to see all the permission it has.
How to download and install SilentLogging
SilentLogging is, however, factory-installed app on all Samsung android devices. But, if you have uninstalled it or the app is causing any stopping error, you can always download and install it manually as well.
Here is how to download and install SilentLogging
- Google for the term “SilentLogging apk“
- Go to the appropriate site and download the APK.
- Now install the app using the APK file.
- Make sure to enable the “Install from unknown source” under development mode if you are not able to install it.
Is Silent Logging safe?
Silent Logging is a factory-installed app on Samsung Android phones that developed my Samsung electronics itself.
Besides, the plenty of permission for the Silent Logging is completely safe and can be left running without bothering about the hacking attack.
However, users have reported that the silent logging keeps eating the battery on their device which can easily be resolved wither by killing the process or disable it.
Silent Logging consumes too much battery?
The consumption of battery power by SilentLogging is quite obvious as the app tends to keep running in the background and using the resources. But, if you find the app is consuming a significant amount of battery, it is always a better idea to disable or uninstall it.
Can I Uninstall Silent Logging?
It is hard to uninstall a system app from Android that includes SilentLogging as well. The only method to remove or uninstall is to root your device. Alternatively, you can use the ADB.
Steps to delete or uninstall silent logging Using ADB
- Enable Developer Options on Android phone and tablet
- Now Open the Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the ADB and extract the files on a PC.
- Then press and hold the right click and the shift button in the blank area.
- Click the open PowerShell window.
- Find the command of ADB devices and connect your phone to your PC.
- Then enter the command and wait.
- You will see the uninstallation within a second.
Use System Remover
- Download and install system app remover
- Use Checkbox to find the logging app
- Press the Uninstall button
How To Stop Silent Logging?
However, uninstalling the SilentLogging doesn’t cause any conflict and you can normally use the devices. But, it’s always a better idea to disable it before you consider uninstalling it.
Here is how you can stop Silent Logging and kill the process.
- Open settings on Android.
- Go to Apps or App Manager.
- Enable “Show system apps” from hamburger menu(three verticle dots at top right corner).
- Tap “SiletLogging” to open it.
- Tap on “Force Stop”.
SilentLogging is a built-in application related to the modem settings. Its package name is “com.sec.modem.settings” and seems to appear on a lot of Samsung devices.