NSDSWebApp is a system app pre-installed on Samsung Android phones. The app is accountable to establish and maintain phone calls via Wi-Fi.
Samsung’s Android phone is full of system apps like bloatware, client app, feature app and daemon app.
These apps play a significant role in the feature and operation of the device. However, some of these system apps on Samsung are bloatware while others are just bloatware safe to remove.
This guide explained one of such essential apps NSDSWebApp on Samsung Android phones. Know more about it. What is NSDSWebApp on Samsung? What is it used for? Is it safe? How to remove NSDSWebApp from your Samsung phone? Let’s know the answers.
What is NSDSWebApp on Samsung?
NSDSWebApp app is a pre-instelled app on Samsung android phones develped by Ericsson. The app packge name is com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp. It is used for phone calls using wifi on the device.
Info about NSDSWebApp
- App Name: NSDSWebApp
- Package Name: com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp
- Developer: Ericsson
- Support Version: Android 7+
- Author: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Permission: NA
- Category: System App
What is NSDSWebApp Used For?
The purpose of NSDSWebApp on Samsung is to help your device establish and maintain phone calls via Wi-Fi. The app automatically runs in the background whenever you make calls via Wi-Fi on Android.
What permission does NSDSWebApp have on Samsung?
The NSDSWebApp on Samsung uses a certain set of permissions on your Galaxy phone to enable the wifi calling on the device. The app requires the following permissions, Access or modify the network, Run in the background, Media and photo permission, Phones access, and others.
You can navigate to Apps>System App>com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp and tap on the permissions tab to see all the permissions NSDSWebApp has on your Galaxy phone.
Is NSDSWebApp a Virus?
No, NSDSWebApp is not a virus. The app is developed by Errosscon to help Samsung Android phones to initiate the Wifi calls. It works with another Wifi calling app com.sec.unifiedwfc. There is no evidence of NSDSWebApp containing any malware, spyware or keylogger. However, it is suggested to download and install apps from trusted sources on your Android to prevent hackers from taking over your phone.
Can I remove NSDSWebApp?
The app is tiny and takes up just over 1 MB, so it doesn’t need much space on your device’s memory. Similarly, NSDSWebApp only consumes resources during calls via Wi-Fi when using other apps such as Skype, Whatsapp, Telegram, or other VoIP Calling Apps to improve call fluidity.
Although you can remove it safely and uninstall the NSDSWebApp if you are concerned about high battery usage. Removing it will not affect the performance or the operation of the device.
How to Uninstall NSDSWebApp Completely?
As the NSDSWebApp is a system app and it is not possible to remove it using traditional methods. Still, you can uninstall the app using ADB commands and System App remover apps. Here are the methods explained;
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for NSDSWebApp and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
What are the System Apps?
System apps are the pre-installed apps on your Android that come with the Android bundle when you purchase your phone. These apps are classified as Client apps, Faeture apps, Daemon Apps and Blotware.
What is Wifi calling on Android?
Android phones running on Android OS 11 and later have a built-in feature that enables your Android to use the Wifi network while on a cellular call. This helps your Android to combat the call-dropping issue especially when you have a low network reception in your area.
What is com.samsung.tmowfc.wfcpref on Android?
The com.samsung.tmowfc.wfcpref is one of the essential system apps that is used by the Android system to establish Wifi calls on the Android phone. The app is used by the Android system to help the device to place and receive a wifi call from or on a Samsung Android phone.
How to Find Hidden Apps on Samsung?
- Go to Settings
- Go to “Apps & Notifications”
- Select “See All Apps”
- Open the menu view and press “Task”
- Check an option that says “Show Hidden Apps”
Read more: (How to Find Hidden Apps on Android Phones)
- SysScope: What is it on Android?
- what is cqatest App On Android?
- What is PacProcessor App on Android?
- Difference between MMI, USSD and SS codes
- What is OMA Client Provisioning? Explained
Is NSDSWebApp essential?
Yes, NSDSWebApp is an essential app that helps your device establish and maintain phone calls via Wi-Fi.
Should I remove NSDSWebApp?
NSDSWebApp only consumes resources during calls via Wi-Fi when using other apps such as Skype, Whatsapp, Telegram, or Wechat; and because it’s supposed to improve call fluidity. You should only uninstall NSDSWebApp if you notice that it’s draining your Android’s battery over a prolonged period of time, even when you’re not making VOIP calls.
What is com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp?
The com.sec.vsim.ericssonnsds.webapp is the package name for NSDSWebApp. It’s an app on your Galaxy phones that helps you device to improve the wifi calling quality.
NSDSWebApp is a small system app found on Samsung devices developed by Ericsson. Its purpose is to facilitate Wi-Fi-based phone calls. Uninstalling or blocking it is not recommended, as it’s essential for call quality. It occupies minimal space (1 MB) and uses resources during Wi-Fi calls, improving call smoothness. If it causes a battery drain, uninstall and reinstall it. It operates automatically during Wi-Fi calls, ensuring worry-free use.