What is the application called com.ampsvc.android?
com.ampsvc.android is a part of the Application Management Platform for games developed by WildTangent Software. You can usually spot it running in the background on your android.
Know more about com.ampsvc.android. What is it? Where did your android get these files from? What are the significances of com.ampsvc.android on android and how to resolve the Unfortunately, Com.ampsvc.android has stopped errors on Android. Let’s find the answers.
What is com.ampsvc.android?
com.ampsvc.android is a process apps on android especially LG android phones which is a part of a gaming app. The basic function of the process is to provide the essential permission to help the game for rendering the GUI and smooth gameplay.
If you have ever installed the game Big Fish, Enigmatis or Big Fish Casino, chances are you will also get com.ampsvc.android along with these games.
Wild Tangent is connected to android application management and is installed in OEM’s official updates to save companies like AT&T from having to spend a few minutes installing their apps on every phone they activate.
A few minutes times hundreds of thousands of phones add up to money saved by AT&T.
Is com.ampsvc.android safe?
com.ampsvc.android is completely safe for your Android and does not contain any virus or malware. The basic function of com.ampsvc.android is to serve ads to users while they are playing games on their Android. It doesn’t have enough access permission to access your data or settings.
Common issues caused by com.ampsvc.android
com.ampsvc.android keeps running in the background on your Android and ends up eating resources like RAM and battery. But, besides these errors, users have reported other errors caused by com.ampsvc.android which are as follows:
Unfortunately, Com.ampsvc.android has stopped
This is quite common with any app or process on android including Com.ampsvc.android as well. The easiest fix to solve the error is to force stop the process by navigation to settings>apps>system apps> Com.ampsvc.android and select force stop.
Users have also been able to resolve the Com.ampsvc.android error by simply clearing the cache and storage data of the app.
Com.ampsvc.android causing sync error
Most often, force stopping the com.ampsvc.android may cause the Google play store and other Google-related apps to stop synchronizing the data. Also, killing the process may also cause any games that require a Google account for log-in to become inaccessible.
The easy method to resolve the error is to remove the com.ampsvc.android permanently from Android.
How to uninstall com.ampsvc.android?
There is no need to remove this package, even if you want you can root your device. Better to force-stop the package. Still, you can follow the steps below to uninstall com.ampsvc.android.
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.ampsvc.android
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for com.ampsvc.android and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
- What is com.wssyncmldm?
- What is com.qualcomm.atfwd
- What is com.sec.epdg?
- What is com.sec.android.daemonapp?
- What is SIM Toolkit App on Android?
- What is com.android.mms?
com.ampsvc.android is gaming bloatware on LG Android phones that may be a source of adware on your device. The basic source of this process app is gaming apps. The processing app is completely safe and does not contain any malware, virus or spyware.