com.pivotmobile.android.metrics is a sideloaded application on Motorola Android phones developed my Pivot Mobile accountable to track the data usage for ads tracking.
Know more about com.pivotmobile.android.metrics. What is com.pivotmobile.android.metrics app on android? How dangerous the app is? How the com.pivotmobile.android.metrics affects an android device and how to uninstall it from your andoid smartphone.
What is com.pivotmobile.android.metrics?
com.pivotmobile.android.metrics is sideloaded third-party agent app on Motorola Android phones used to track the browsing activity on the device for ad-serving purposes.
This is the package name for the apps developed by Pivot Mobile a company broadly known for developing Android games. The primary fiction o the app on the device is to control the styling and GUI of the device. This includes the dark mode as well.
The basic source of the app is another apps developed from Pivot mobile itself. This means, the com.pivotmobile.android.metrics probably get downloaded with other apps on the device developed by the Pivot mobile like other gaming bloatware com.ampsvc.android.
What does com.pivotmobile.android.metrics do on Android?
The basic function of com.pivotmobile.android.metrics on android is to track the activity of the user on the internet including browsers, in-app purchases, shopping sites like Amazon and Flipkart, to serve the targeted ads accurately.
What permission do com.pivotmobile.android.metrics have?
com.pivotmobile.android.metrics have not any specific permissions on the device. Most apps require different access permission on the device to run the specific service.
But, com.pivotmobile.android.metrics doesn’t require any specific access permission on the device.
Is com.pivotmobile.android.metrics A Virus?
com.pivotmobile.android.metrics is not a virus and doesn’t contain any malware, spyware or malicious codes. Also, there is no evidence of Androidhwext stealing your data from your device.
But, if you are conscious about the targeted ads and don’t want to get tracked online than yes this is a threat to your privacy.
Can I uninstall com.pivotmobile.android.metrics?
Yes, you can easily uninstall com.pivotmobile.android.metrics from android like any other third party application on android. The option to uninstall it might be slightly different depending on the make and version of the Andriod OS.
How to uninstall Androidhwext?
You can navigate to Settings>apps>com.pivotmobile.android.metrics and tap on uninstall button to remove it from the device. However, users have also reported not being able to uninstall or remove com.pivotmobile.android.metrics from the device. In such you might want to follow the methods explain below.
Follow these methods to uninstall Androidhwext.
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.pivotmobile.android.metrics
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for com.pivotmobile.android.metrics and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
com.pivotmobile.android.metrics is a . The app is completely safe and doesn’t contain any spyware, virus or keylogger. Itis possible to uninstall the app complete from android.