What is com.wssyncmldm? Is it a bloatware a malware or spyware. What is the role of com.wssyncmldm on Samsung Android phone. Let’s find the answers.
What is com.wssyncmldm?
The com.wssyncmldm is an update monitor app installed on Samsung Android phones to monitor and track the update status of the device’s Android OS.
It’s a pre-installed app or agent on the Samsung Galaxy phone to monitor the system status for a software update on Samsung Android.
The basic function of the app is to keep tracking the update status of Samsung Android OS and intimate the user using another pre-installed app com.android.backupconfirm. pop up.
The Android OS uses this app to monitor the software status on Samsung Android and the server to ensure the device is running the latest version of Android.
- Name: Samsung Software Update
- Package Name: com.wssyncmldm
- Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Is com.wssyncmldm a Spyware?
No, com.wssyncmldm is not spyware, it’s an app package also known as Bloatware running in the background continuously to keep an eye on OS update status.
People often misunderstand it as malware or spyware and keep looking for a method to disable com.wssyncmldm.
However, it is possible to remove com.wssyncmldm from the Samsung device by root access only. But as it is the tool to keep you intimating about the latest security patch and updates, it is suggested to let it run in the background.
Read Also: What is com.samsung.android.spdclient?
Understanding System Updates and wssyncmldm Android App
In order understand the com.wssyncmldm you must know how the system update works.
Google tenths to issue the latest version of system updates on Android periodically. Depending on the device version you are using and the Android update, your device is supposed to provide, the latest version by the manufacturer.
That is how the Android OS has undergone numerous modifications until its latest version Android 13 and so far.
When a new version is released, com.wssyncmldm checks all the security patches that take care of some vulnerabilities in the operating system. However, you are advised to check the changelog or release notes before installing a new update on your phone.
Process com.wssyncmldm has Stopped working unexceptionally
Users have reported the com.wssyncmldm causing problems and errors on Samsung Android. This can be caused by app malfunction or cache issues.
If your Android keeps popping up the message “The application Device management (process com.wssyncmldm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”. You can use safe mode to clear the cache to fix the error. You can also follow the mentos below to fix the error.
1. Force Restart the device
The easier method to fix the com.wssyncmldm errors is to force restart your Android. A forced restart is quite different from a regular restart. It forces your device to close all the running apps and restart the device.
Force restart the Android system also make sure to recreate the cached data of specific apps that can help you to solve the error. Here is how you force restart your phone;
- Press and hold the power button until you feel a vibration.
- Keep the power button pressed till the Android logo appears on the screen.
- Release the button and wait for the boot.
- Browse your contacts and see if the error is fixed.
2. Update Apps
Outdated apps on Android may also cause the device to com.wssyncmldm error. In order to fix the error make sure you are using the latest version of all the installed apps on your device.
In such you are required to update apps to latest version by which simply visiting Google Play Store and hit update.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Go to the updates section on the upper menu.
- Tap on update all.
- Wait for the process to finish and restart the device.
Read Also: What is com.samsung.android.fmm?
3. Freeze the App Using the Titanium Backup Software
If the first process does not solve the issue, freezing the com.wssyncmldm app using the Titanium Backup Software could be the best option. This is because freezing the application will not remove it from the device. Besides, it will not cause other malfunctions with your Samsung account app.
If you are not rooted, you can search on how to root your phone first before trying to freeze it. If your phone has root access, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Titanium Backup App from its official site.
- Launch the app drawer on your phone.
- Search for com.wssyncmldm and tap on it.
- Select the Freeze option. This will automatically freeze com.wssyncmldm and stop all background processes related to it on the samartphone.
4. Disable the wssyncmldm App Using ADB
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm disable –user 0 com.wssyncmldm
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been disabled from your device.
Can I uninstall com.wssyncmldm?
It is not possible to uninstall the com.wssyncmldm from Android. Also, it is one of the essential service apps on the device that help the device run essential update services like Google Play service.
What is COM Wssyncmldm used for?
Process com.wssyncmldm is a OS update monitor app on Samsung phones that keeps searching for the avaialable OS updates on SAmsung server itself.
What is Wssyncmldm on my activity?
The ‘Wssyncmldm’ on Google activity is representtion of a porcess runong in the backgropugn he main roele of the porecess ‘Wssyncmldm’ is to keep an eye on he available updates on Samsung phones.
What is InCallUI app used for?
InCallUI is a process that is responsible for providing a GUI screen to the user for handling the calls allowing the user to make calls, reject calls, receive calls and other call-related tasks. read more about InCallUI.
process com.wssyncmldm is a stock app package on Samsung Android device to monitor the OS update status on your device. The basic function of the app is to keep checking for the latest OS version on Android and inform the user of any available updates.
OTHER COM PROCESSES ON ANDROID