The PeopleStripe is a comprehensive tool that allows users to manage their contacts, messages, and other communication features on their Samsung Android devices. The app is developed by Samsung for Samsung Android phones only with the package name com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe.
Know more about Android peoplestripe. What is it? What is it used for? How to use peoplestripe? What are the pros and cons of peoplestripe on Android? Let’s find the answers.
What is Peoplestripe Android?
Peoplestripe is the package name for Samsung People Edge app developed by Samsung. The People Edge app manages messages and contacts on Samsung Android phones.
The app is pre-installed on all Samsung Android phones running on Android 8 and later OS versions. The app is installed as a system app(roughly called bloatware) and removing or uninstalling it casually is impossible.
Other Info About peoplestripe
- Name: People edge
- package: com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe
- Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Android Version: Android 8.0 and later
- Safe: Yes
- Removable: Yes
What is People edge?
Peopele edge is the native app name for Peoplestripe. The app is installed with the name People edge yet is broadly popular as Peoplestripe.
In other words, People edge is the official name for the Peoplestripe app on Samsung.
What does com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe mean?
The term com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe signifies that the app is developed for Android devices by Samsung and the name of the native app is Peoplestripe.
Every app on Android has a unique name that helps the Android system and the developer to distinguish the apps from each other.
The term ‘com’ stands for ‘compilation’ a popular term for java files. The second name ‘Samsung’ simply signifies the developer of the app, Samsung in this case.
The other second last and last term helps you to determine the app type. The ‘service.peoplestripe’ means that it’s a service aap with the name Peoplestripe.
Other service app on Samsung
What permission does PeopleStripe use?
The following permissions are required to use this app.
- Telephone: make and manage phone calls
- SMS: send and view SMS messages
- Storage: access photos, media and files on your device
- Camera: take pictures and record video
- Contacts: access your contacts
Other permission used by Peoplestripe:
android.permission.CAMERA: Allows access to the device’s camera.
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: Grants read access to the user’s contacts.
android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an app to write (modify) the user’s contacts.
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Enables reading from external storage (SD card or other external storage).
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows writing to external storage (SD card or other external storage).
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Grants access to precise location information using GPS.
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows access to approximate location information using network or cell tower data.
android.permission.CALL_PHONE: Allows the app to initiate phone calls without user confirmation.
android.permission.SEND_SMS: Grants permission to send SMS messages.
android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS: Allows the app to receive SMS messages.
android.permission.READ_CALENDAR: Enables read access to the user’s calendar data.
android.permission.WRITE_CALENDAR: Allows the app to write (modify) the user’s calendar data.
Is PeopleStripe spyware?
Peoplestripe is not a spyware. The app is developed by Samsung and deployed as a system app on Samsung Android phones. The app complies with all the Google Play Protect policies and there is no evidence of Peoplestripe containing any malicious code, spyware, malware or keylogger.
Is Peoplestripe the default contact app on Samsung Android phone?
Peoplestripe Android is a better way to manage contacts and messages on Android phones. This is not the default contact or dialler app on your Android.
The default contact on Samsung Android is installed with the package name com.samsung.android.contacts and the post-call or the caller screen is handled by another service app com.samsung.android.incallui where you can control the in-call options like merge calls, mute call, record calls etcc
How to disable PeopleStripe?
- Open Settings on Android.
- Go to Apps or App Manager.
- Here select “Show system apps” from the action menu(three dots at top right corner)
- Find “com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe” and tap to open the in-app settings.
- Here you can choose to “Force Stop” or “Disable” it.
Here remember, the force stop will kill the running PeopleStripe operation and remain disabled untill you restart your phone. While disabling will stop the app from starting even if you restart your phone. To run it back you need to enable it back by following the steps above.
Can I uninstall PeopleStripe safely?
PeopleStripe is installed as a system app on Samsung Android phones and it is not possible to remove or uninstall it using drag-drop methods or from the apps drawer.
You can uninstall PeopleStripe using ADB commands or tools like System App Remover.
How to Uninstall the PeopleStripe App
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for People edge App and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
How to Fix Unable to Install People Edge Error?
The Error Installation failed. Try later.(com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe) is the common error uses have reported while installing the app. Another error that may occur is frequent error notication by PeopleStripe. In such here are some steps you can follow to fix the error.
Fix PeopleStripe App Causing Errors
There is no working method to fix the PeopleStripe App errors on Android but still, there are some steps you can follow and see if the method works.
- Clean/Wipe Cache Partition
- Factory Reset Samsung.
- Boot in Safe Mode and Remove App(Read here: How to Boot Android in Safe mode?)
- Update Firmware.
- Root your Samsung(careful!! this will void the warranty).
- Contact service center.
The PeopleStripe is not officially available to install from the Google play store. Yet, there are several other third-party app stores you can find online to download the PeopleStripe AK and install it manually. Make sure you download the app from a trusted source to avoid parse errors while installing the app and protect your Android from malware.
The PeopleStripe is a contact and message management app on Samsung Android phones installed as a system app. The app is installed with the package name com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe and can be disabled or force stop by navigating to Settings>Apps>Show System App> and opening the in-app settings of the package. The app is developed by Samsung itself and it’s completely safe to have it on your device. Uninstalling the Peoplestrip or any other system apps requires you to use an ADB tool or a System app remover tool on rooted devices.