Scameraxservice app on Samsung- Usages and Removal
scameraxservice app is a service app on Samsung android phones accutable to help the camera app keep running in the background. Know more about it. What is scameraxservice app? What is it used for? Is scameraxservice app safe? Android finally can we safely remove it? Let’s find the answers.
What is scameraxservice on Samsung phones?
scameraxservice is a service app on Samsung Android phones that is accountable to help your phone’s camera to take better photos and videos.
The app keeps running in the background and comes in action when the user opens the camera on their Samsung phone to take photos and capture videos.
Other details about scameraxservice
- Name: scameraxservice
- Package: com.samsung.android.cameraxservice
- Support Version: Android 9,0 and later
- Permissions: 13
- Features: 5
- Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
What is com.samsung.android.cameraxservice?
The com.samsung.android.cameraxservice is the package name or the Google Play ID of the native camera service app. This package name can be in the Apps>System App section on your Samsung Android phone.
What does com.samsung.android.cameraxservice mean?
All the apps on Android phones has a unique package name that helps the developer and Google Play store to identify the application name. This name usually follows some certain pattern where ‘COM’ stands for ‘compilation’ a java program files.
Similarly, the second term ‘Samsung’ defines the name of the developer. In this case, the app is developed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
You can see the second name of the package to determine the developer of the app like Google, LG, Redmi and others.
The last term in the package name signifies the name of the app.
So, the “com.samsung.android.cameraxservice” simply means that it’s an Android app package name that is developed by Samsung and used to run the camera-related task.
What is scameraxservice used for?
The scameraxservice is a pre-installed app on all Samsung Android phone that is used by the Camera app to take more crisp photos and record glitch-free videos.
This is a service app for Samsung phones that works together with the default camera app on the smartphone.
Is scameraxservice app safe?
The app is developed by Samsung and it complies the Google Play protect policies. This services app is safe and there is no evidence of scameraxservice containing any malicious code, keylogger(What is Keylogger), spyware or malware.
What permission does scameraxservice have on phone?
The scameraxservice is a service app and doesn’t need any specific permission to run. But, it has all the access permissions on your Samsung phone that your camera has.
The scameraxservice uses the location, camera, storage and media, microphone and autostart permission on your phone.
Can I disable or uninstall scameraxservice Safely?
Simce the scameraxservice is a service app and it is not suggested to remove them as remove a service app like scameraxservice or Secvideoengineservice may cause some anomaly with the related app.
Also, the services app doesn’t create a icon on your phone that can be drag to dropped to uninstall.
But, you can always disable or uninstall scameraxservice safely without affecting the function of your device.
However, it is suggested to disable it instead of uninstalling it, as disabling allows you to enable it back if any error occurs after you disable it.
How to Disable scameraxservice?
As we discussed above, service app like scameraxservice doesn’t creates a visible icon on the home screen that can be used to remove or uninstall it.
Steps to disable scameraxservice;
- Open Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Go to Apps to open App Drawer.
- Tap on “Show All App” or selected “Show System Apps” from the action menu(three dots at the top right corner).
- Find “com.samsung.android.cameraxservice” in the list and tap to open it’s in-app property.
- Here tap on the “Disable” option to disable scameraxservice completely.
How to delete/uninstall scameraxservice app on an Android phone?
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.cameraxservice
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for scameraxservice and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
What is a Service app on Samsung?
A service app works as a supporting app for the native app that helps the primary app to access or execute certain commands or features on the device. They are installed as a daemon app and don’t create any icons on the home screen.
Here are some other service apps on your Samsung phone;
- What is com.samsung.ipservice
- What is Com.samsung.faceservice
- What is MDE Service Framework
- Com Sec Enterprise Knox Cloudmdm Smdms?
- What is com.samsung.android.app.cocktailbarservice?
- What is com.sec.android.daemonapp?
- What is Teeservice on android?
scameraxservice is a service app on Samsung Android phones that is developed by Samsung. This is a pre-installed service app on all Samsung Android phones running on Android 9 and later. The app is installed under the package name com.samsung.android.cameraxservice. You can locate it in Settings>App>System App section on your Samsung smartphone. The basic use of the app is to assist the native camera app on the phone to for post-process the image or video recovered from the camera to give users a lag-free camera experience.
The app is completely safe and there is no report claiming com.samsung.android.cameraxservice containing any malware, keylogger or malicious codes.