We often get the error message pop-up “Message Blocking is Active” while sending a message on Android. This can be caused due to an invalid contact number or poor reception. Chances are you have manually blocked the messaging sending on android phone. Here we have discussed handful solutions to fix the Message Blocking is Active error on Android. We shall also discuss the potential reason behind the error and troubleshoot them.
What is Message Blocking Is Active error?
Message Blocking Is Active is an error we encounter while trying to send the message on Andriod. The error appears every time you try to send a text message or email to contact.
The error may appear when the user has accidentally blocked the message services or the recipient has blocked the number.
Many users have reported getting the Message blocking is active error messages while sending the messaging. Things go weird when you need to send some urgent message to a number and instead of getting the delivery report you get the same error message saying “Message blocking is active”.
A message blocking error keeps you from performing all the task related to message services like:
- A message blocking error keeps the user from sending and receiving the MMS or SMS to any recipient or contacts.
- Unable to send to receive the instant messages.
- Cannot retrieve the received MMS or send a new MMS.
- Unable to create a group to send bulk SMS.
- Unable to send a voicemail.
In most cases, a simple restart can resolve the issue but if you are still unable to send the message and getting the same message blocking error then here is the entire explanation and solution for you.
What is Free message: Message blocking is active?
free msg: unable to send message – message blocking is active, is an error is usually caused if the Android has poor or no receptions at all. The T-mobile Android mobile is well known for showing the error.
However, there are several other reasons that can cause your android to show the “Message blocking is active” error instead of sending the message to the recipient number.
Reasons for Message blocking is active Error.
The primary reason to get the Message blocking is active error message is either the android is not registered on network or has poor reception. However, there are several other reasons that keep your text messages from getting delivered.
Here we have listed a few reasons that can cause the Message blocking is active error.
- Recipient number is blocked: The message blocking is active error may show up if the recipient has been blocked on the device. Comes the situation when we intentionally or accidentally block the number and simply forget about it. You can’t send the message to a number if the number is added to your message blocked list.
- Service Outrage: Check if the Android phone has network access and there is no congestion in the network. A poor network reception may also display the “Message blocking is active” error while sending a message.
- SIM Card Not Fully Active: Are you getting the error messages while trying to send message from a newly purchased SIM card? Chances are the SIM card is not fully active. In such it is suggested to wait for a couple of hours and try sending the message again.
- Recipient has blocked your number: The message sending process may also get fail and revert with a Message blocking is active error message if the recipient has blocked the sender’s number or group of numbers.
- No premium text messaging service: You should also confirm that the service you’re sending the message to supports a premium text messaging service.
How To Fix “Message Blocking Is Active” Error On Android
In order to get the “Message Blocking Is Active” On Android, there are series of solutions you can apply and see which method works for you perfectly.
Restart the device
The first and almost step you should take to fix any minor or major problem including Message Blocking Is Active error on Android smartphone is to restart the device. Restarting the device forces the network service to re-registered and may fix the error.
Check Network Coverage
A poor or no network reception can also result a message delivery failure and hence displaying the “Message Blocking is active” message. Make sure if the phone has proper network access and you can perform other network-related tasks like making calls.
Unblock the number
Check the block list on the mobile. See if the number you are trying to send a message to is not in the block list. Also, make sure the recipient has not blocked the sender’s number.
To check the block list
- Open dialer app on Androd phone
- Go to settings
- Now go to call blocking
- See if the number is added to the list.
- Remove the number and try sending the message.
Look for Valid Text Content
Some users have been able to resolve this by sending only plain texts in messages. There is a chance that this error was caused by all the other non-plain-texts added to the message. Remove all attachments, emojis, pictures, or graphics in the message and retry.
Enable Premium Access
Android phone with T-mobies has a premium access option that is required to be enabled if you are using premium messages. Enabling Premium Access can resolve the “Message Blocking is active” error on Tmobile Android phones.
- Go to android settings.
- Navigate to App Management.
- Tap on messaging App.
- Click on More icon on the top.
- Now Click on special access and then Allow premium access to enable the option.
Short Message Blocking
If the above methods didn’t fix the message sending error on your Android, chances are the carrier provider has blocked the text message services on the device.
This issue can be solved only with the help of customer care. All you need is to call them up and ask for the SMSC(Short Message Service Number.)
Once you have the SMSC number., follow the steps to update;
- Open messaging app on Android
- Go to settings > Additional settings
- Here open Short Message Service Number
- Input the new number obtained from customer care
- Tap OK and exit the menu.
- Restart the device and see if the problem is resolved.
This was the entire detail about message blocking errors and how to fix the error. Which of these fixed the “message blocking is active” error for you? Don’t forget to check our TROUBLESHOOT section for other useful error fix guides for Android.