What does com.android.dreams.phototable mean?
The com.android.dreams.phototable signifies the photo screensaver function on Android devices. This app is used to customize the screen saver feature on the device.
Dreams are interactive screensavers launched when a charging device is idle, or docked in a desk dock. Dreams provide another modality for apps to express themselves, tailored for an exhibition/lean-back experience.
Info about com.android.dreams.phototable
- Name: Photo Screensavers
- Package Name: com.android.dreams.phototable
- Developer: OPPO
- Android Version: 10 and later
- Dev. guide: developer.android.com
Used com.android.dreams.phototable meaning
The term used com.android.dreams.phototable in Google My activity tab simply signifies that the screensaver has been accessed by the Android OS on the device. This can also be triggered if the user has used the customization options like changing clock visual settings, changing wallpaper or others.
What permissions does com.android.dreams.phototable use?
The Screen Saver app on Android needs a certain set of permission to operate on the device. Here is the explanation of some essential permission for the com.android.dreams.phototable uses on Android.
Access network state
This permission lets the app get information about the network, like if your device is connected to the internet and what kind of internet it’s using.
The app needs this permission to be able to bring in photos from the internet.
This permission lets the app make sure the device’s screen stays on even when it’s in sleep mode. The app needs this permission so it can show the photo table screensaver while the device is asleep.
This permission lets the app read files from the outside part of the device where things are stored. The app needs this permission to get pictures saved on the device.
This permission is what makes the app show the pictures from the gallery on the screen.
Besides these permission there are some other permission like phone access, run in background etc are used by the com.android.dreams.phototable app.
You can navigate to settings>apps>show system app>com.android.dreams.phototable and tap on the permissions option to see the permission the app is using.
Is com.android.dreams.phototable safe?
The com.android.dreams.phototable app responsible to show random wallpapers on Android phones when it’s idle. The app is alleged to be malware. Still. there is no evidence of the app containing any malicious code Spyware, keylogger or Virus.
Does com.android.dreams.phototable drains battery?
Definitely, the com.android.dreams.phototable uses battery on the device. Besides, the app keeps using other resources like mobile data, CPU, and RAM and keeps running in the background.
Should I uninstall com.android.dreams.phototable?
The com.android.dreams.phototable is a beautiful feature on Android phones that keeps downloading random wallpapers from server using mobile data and set’s them as a screensaver.
This keeps consuming the mobile data on the device and may consume high amout of battery usage.
So, if you are on a limited data plan or concerned about the high battery consumption, then it is always a good idea to uninstall com.android.dreams.phototable from your android.
How to uninstall com.android.dreams.phototable?
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user com.android.dreams.phototable
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for Photo Screensavers and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
OTHER SYSTEM APPS
- What is com.android.gallery3d
- What is com.android.ons app
The com.android.dreams.phototable is the package name for the Photo Screensavers app on Android. This is a built-in feature app on Android phones running on Android 10 and later. The basic function of the app is to change the wallpaper on your Android randomly by downloading the images from the server using mobile data. This makes it use mobile data and consumes the battery on the device. So, if you are really not a fan of random wallpapers or are on a limited data plan. It is suggested to disable or uninstall it on the device.