CarmodeStub App is an app on Samsung phones associated with MirrrorLink that helps the Mirrorlink enabled device to MirrorLink cars and automobiles. We are here to discuss in in-depth detail about CarmodeStub. What is CarmodeStub? How use it? Is CarmodeStub safe? Let’s find out the answers.
What is CarmodeStub?
CarmodeStub is An Android stub app develop by Samsung to connect the mirrorlink enable device to MirrorLink cars and automobiles dashboard like Android auto.
The basic functionality of CarmodeStub is to disable phone calls and messages while driving the car. This gives the driver a distraction-free driving experience to avoid a collision and road accidents.
Use of CarmodeStub.
As the name suggests itself the CarmodeStub is an app on Samsung phones that lets you handle the type of notifications to be flashed or displayed on your cars docking systems AKA infotainment system like Android auto and Apple CarPlay.
Is CarmodeStub App Safe?
You might find CarmodeStub App running on your Mirrorlink enabled Samsung phone( A series, S series) in the list of system apps. The app keeps running in the background and acts as a component to help mirror linking your device.
CarmodeStub App is completely safe and should not be considered malware or Bloatware. However, an app running in the background may drain your phone battery.
Download CarmodeStub App.
The official CarmodeStub app is not available to download from the Google play store.
But, you can download the app from other alternative app stores like ApkMirror.
Disabling or removing the system apps is not recommended. And as you know CarmodeStub is also a system app. Removing the system app may cause the system to malfunction.
But, if you are not using your Samsung phone to mirror link your device to the car system or don’t wish to use the cardmode. Here are the methods you can use to remove CarmodeStub app from your phone.
1. Remove CarmodeStub using ADB.
ADB (Android debug bridge) is a command-line tool that is usually used by developers for communicating with an Android device. Even if you are a non-tech-savvy person, by following the steps mentioned below, you can easily disable or uninstall the CarmodeStub.
- Open Device Settings.
- Go to System > About phone > Software Information.
- Keep tapping the Build number until it activates Developer Options.
- Now look for Developer Options in the main Settings menu and tap on it.
- Fina and enable USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer using this link.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder of your choice.
- After extracting, open the folder that has the ZIP file.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.drivelink.stubto remove the app.
2. Remove CarmodeStub Using Third-party app.
There are various third-party apps that can be used to disable or uninstall CarmodeStub. The method required a rooted device.
- Download and install the System App Remover.
- Launch the app, find CarmodeStub and select it.
- Finally, tap the uninstall button.
CarmodeStub is a stub app AKA system app on Samsung device associated to help your Samsung Android phone to mirrorlink the device with the mirrorlink enabled card device. The basic function of the CarmodeStub app is to disable the calls, messages and other functions and notifications while the car mode is on. CarmodeStub is often mistaken as bloatware which is not corret. It is completely safe and can be left running in in the background. Don’t forget to check our ABOUT section for other information guides for Android.