You might have noticed a voice assistant greeting you when you say “OK Google” to your Android mobile. This voice assistance is called “Google Assistant” a stand-alone tool developed and installed by Google itself. In this article, we shall learn to disable Google Assistant on Android.
Google Assistant is AI stand-alone tool installed on every Android device including Android mobile, Android Tablets and TV as well. This free voice assistant comes in the action every time you say “OK Google” to your Android.
Google Assistant or “OK Google” is, however, a quite useful tool on Android that helps you to navigate and activate different functions on Android using Google assistant commands. But still, some of us find this annoying and often want to disable or turn off Google Assistant on Android.
READ ALSO: How to Search a Songs by humming on Android
How to Turn Off Google Assistant on Android?
Turning off Google Assistant will disable the “OK Google” function form Android and you will not be able to summon your Android to perform the task by voice command. To disable the Google assistant you need to disable the Google Assistant and “OK Google” as well.
Disable OK Google
OK Google is however the coolest feature of Android but still, some people find it annoying and want to disable it. Here is how you disable OK Google.
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Tap on More at the bottom right.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Google Assistant.
- Scroll down to Assistant devices and tap on Phone or any other device you have listed where you want to turn Google Assistant off.
- Tap the Google Assistant toggle to turn it off.
Disable Google Assistant
- Open the System Settings on the device.
- Select Google and navigate to Search, Assistant & Voice > Google Assistant.
- Here in the Google Assistant settings, Toggle to the Assistant tab.
- Scroll down to find the list of Assistant devices.
- Select your device.
- Toggle off “Google Assistant” on the next screen.
Alternatively, you can use Google assistant itself to turn it off. All you need to do is to summon the Goggle assistant by saying “OK Google” or “Hey Google” and use the command “turn yourself off“.
This will disable the Google Assistant feature on your Android till next restart or manually activate it back by going to settings.
Google Assistant is one of the coolest features of Android devices that allows you to summon your personal voice assistant to perform the different task without touching the device. Unlike Samsung Bixby, it is quite easy to disable the Google Assistant if you don’t find it useful anymore.