Google voice number helps you to manage the professional and personal contact numbers by keeping them separate. Having a Google voice number helps you to separate the work calls and personal numbers without getting a new phone or SIM card.
You can easily delete the Google Voice number if you are no longer using the services. But, in order to delete the Google voice number, you are required to delete the Google account associated with the google voice number first.
In this article, we shall learn the steps to delete the Google voice number and Google voice messages.
How to Delete Google Voice Account?
It is possible to delete the Google Voice or delete the voice number. But, you cannot delete the account if you are using the paid plan for Google voice or an existing sprint account.
Follow the steps To permanently delete a Google Voice account,
- Go to voice.google.com.
- Select “Settings” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Voicemail” to the left of the number you want to delete.
- Toggle off the option to “Get voicemail via email”.
- Now Click on “Account” on the left side of the screen.
- select “Delete” under the number you want to delete.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click “Delete”.
- Click “Proceed” in the pop-up window to confirm your decision to delete your Google Voice number.
How to Delete Google Voice messages on Mobile
Google voice is associated with Google Voice app that allows you to use the number as an alternative phone number where you can use it for making receiving calls. You can also use the Google Voice number to send and receive messages as well. If you are using Google then you must know the steps to delete the Google Voice as well.
Follow the steps to delete the individual Google Voicemail conversation.
- Open Google Voice app on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap on the chatbox icon at the bottom of the app screen.
- Tap on the conversation that you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner and then select “Delete”.
- If you want to delete a single message press down on the message and then select “Delete” from the pop-up menu.
- Tap “I Understand” in the pop-up box to confirm, then tap “Delete” again.
How to Delete Google Voice messages on Computer
- Go to Google Voice official website and sign in using Google Account.
- Click the chat box icon in the left hand sidebar to go to your Messages tab.
- Click the conversation that you wish to delete.
- At the top-right of the conversation window, click the three vertical dots to bring up the Options menu and click “Delete”.
- To delete a single message, Hover over the message you wish to delete and three dots will appear next to it. Click the three dots to bring up the Options menu and click “Delete”.
- A pop-up will appear informing you that this action cannot be undone. Check the box next to “I understand,” then click “Delete.”
How can I know if someone is using my number to get Google voice?
In order to use your number for a Google Voice forwarding, it must be validated, usually, Google sends an automated call to the landing number asking for a verification code.
Did you receive this call? if someone did, they can use your number as a landing number…
Try to get your own google voice number using your suspicious number as a landing number, Google Voice will tell you if the number has been used and give you options to recover it.
Can you send text messages from Google Voice?
Yes, You can send text messages using google voice as well. However, this has nothing to do with the Google Voce account.
Follow the steps below to send text messages from Google Voice
- Open Settings on android device.
- Open app manager/apps.
- Tap on the Google app.
- Navigate to Permissions and ensure that the SMS permission is enabled. It is better to turn off and then turn on SMS permission.
- Now, restart your device and then try to send text via Google Voice.
If the Permissions settings on your Android device are not set correctly then it will be the reason behind the Google Voice can’t send message issue.
- “OK Google” Not Working on Android? Fixing Google Voice
- How to Delete Gmail Account on Android, Permanently
- How To Create a Group Email in Gmail
Google voice is a smart method to assign a different number for different tasks. It allows you to use a separate number to manage calls and messages without owning a new phone. However, people find it allowing and often need to delete Google voice account. This was a step-to-step guide to delete the Google voice messages, number and account. Also, Don’t forget to check the How to action to other helpful guides for Android.