Visual voicemail is quite similar to voicemail. But, as the name suggests itself, visual voicemail is a service where you can access your voicemail using a visual interface. Here we shall learn about setting up visual voicemail on Android for different service providers.
Android Visual Voicemail
A visual voicemail on Android is a process to access and manage voicemails using a traditional voicemail. The visual voicemail allows you to listen, configure, delete or manage the voicemail on Android with a visual GUI interface without bothering about pressing the separate button of accessing and retrieving the voicemails.
How to Setup Visual Voice mail on Android?
Setting up a visual voicemail on Android quite easy. All you need is to setup voicemail on Android before using a visual voicemail. If you have already configured a voicemail on your Android, it’s time to head to the next steps explained here.
In order to set up the Visual Voice Mail on Android, you are required to install and set up the Google Voice on your device. You can easily download and install Google Voice from the Google Play store.
Step 1: Install Google Voice on Android
- Download and Install Google Voice from Play store on Android
Step 2: Create Voice Numer
- A vice Number is not required to retrieve the voicemail transcriptions from your regular phone number, but still, a voice number is used to link with your mobile number to be used by the visual voicemail app.
- Search for a random number that is available for you. Also, make sure to get a number that is from your local location.
- Once you have found the number tap select to use the number.
- Once you have obtained the “voice number” for you, it time to link this number to your current phone number.
Step 3: Link Current number
- Tap next on the app screen to get to the configuration setup screen.
- Here, enter the current phone number you have configured on voicemail and tap “Send Code” to get a verification code.
- Enter the confirmation number(which will be received via text message) to get to the next screen.
- Tap “No” for the “you want to use your Google Voice number when calling from this device’s phone app.” prompt.
- Hit “Next” and then “Finish”.
Step 3: Enable notification for visual voicemail
- After tapping on the finish button(in step 3) you will be redirected to the notification screen where you can control the notification settings and other access permission.
- Tap “Allow” for the contact permission for the Google voice app.
Congratulations!! you have successfully configured the visual voicemail on your Android.
Android Visual Voicemail-FAQ
What is a Visual Voicemail on Android?
A visual voicemail allows the users to access, manages, retrieve, delete or configure the voicemail using a visual interface, There are several voicemail apps avaibale on Playstoree to use a visual Voicemail on Android.
Is Visual voicemail on Android Free?
Yes, most of the visual voicemail apps for Android are free, you can use these apps for free to perform common tasks related to voicemail. However, some carriers provided like Verizon have their premium voicemail plan too that includes some extra features like extended recording, storage limits and mail transcription etc.