content://com.android.browser.home/ is a quite common browser default command line for Android browser. The command line can make your user experience rich by allowing the user to tweak the default setting of Android browser. Find all details about Android browser home and how to tweak them?
What is content://com.android.browser.home/
We love Android phones, rich GUI, smooth performance and various range of Android versions and models of Android make it the most demanded and sold the mobile device to date. Expandable memory, tons of apps free to download from play store.
The “content://com.android.browser.home/” is a syntax (or a link) that is used to customize default browser homepage. When customers buy a new smartphone, it comes with a pre-installed browser with a default page. If anyone doesn’t like their web browser’s default set homepage, they can change it accordingly.
However, an Android phone is a complete mobile phone solution. But still, some of the default features default home page and other bloatware makes it quite frustrating to fully customize Android phone.
You will be surprised to know that there are some tweaks to change the default app settings and default account as per the user’s requirements.
But, in order to reach these special settings, you will need some extra command and syntax to access and change the default settings.
“content://com.android.browser.home/” is one of the syntaxes to change the default homepage settings on your Android mobile and devices.
Other content syntax for Android Browser:
- content //com.android.browser.home/index
- content //com.android.browser.home/index – google search
- content //com.android.browser.home/facebook
- content //com.android.browser.home/youtube
- content //com.android.browser.home/most_visit
- content //com.android.browser.home/google
- content //com.android.browser.home/bookmarks
In short, this is the way to change the homepage of a default browser of Android devices. This is a universal syntax to change the homepage of any Android device.
Stick to the article and we shall learn to use the content://com.android.browser.home/ syntax and how can this help you to tweak the Android Browser Homepage.
How to Use content://com.android.browser.home/- Homepage?
Now, we are well aware of the term “content://com.android.browser.home/”, let’s start configuring the default browser in the Android device to tweak the home page using the syntax.
A default browser on Android device is named “internet” or “browser“. However, there are few people who prefer to use the default browser on Android. But still, this can help you to get rid of the annoying Home page which keeps running automatically every time you open the browser on Android.
Steps to Change Default Home Page on Android Browser.
- Open Default Browser on Android.
- Tap the menu button which most likely is visible on the top-right side of the screen.
- Click on the menu that says ‘Settings’ and then drill down to the sub-menu until you find the ‘Android Browser Settings’ option.
- Once found, click on it.
- Open ‘General’ settings.
- Finally, click on the ‘Set Homepage.’
- Enter the URL you want to set as the default page or simply choose the blank page option.
Alternatively, you can open the Default Android browser in insert the following URL in the Address bar:
This will open a setting menu to change the default home page on your browser.
How to Change Default Web Browser on Android?
If Android has multiple web browsers installed on your phone. It’s always a better idea to use a different web browser to open different links as a different web browser on Android has its own significance.
For example, Google Chrome is the most useful web browser on Android to open regular web pages and others. Meanwhile, for downloading and playing YouTube videos in background brave Browser is a decent choice.
Whereas, Yandex web browser is the optimum choice if you want to use extensions and add-ons to add extra features to your Android web browser.
Now the question is, how to change the default web browser of Android devices?
Well, Android device doesn’t force you to use the default web browser to surf the internet and web pages. But still, people prefer to use some other web browser as the default web browser application on Android.
Remember content://com.android.browser.home/ is a syntax to change the homepage of the default web browser on Android. In order to change the default web browser on Android, you need to install some other web browser as per your requirement and desire.
You can find plenty of web browsers available on Play Store to download and use on Android phones and tabs. I personally recommend using Firefox or Opera web browser as your default web browser for Android.
Lots of extra features and safety measures make these browsers one of the favorites and most installed web browsers on Android.
To change the default web browser on Android all you need is to find a decent and suitable web browser as per your requirement on Google Play Store.
Once you have installed your favorite web browser on Android, the device is always asking to choose a default web browser while opening a URL on Android.
Sometimes, we end up setting a default web browser to open URLs on Android but soon we realize the mistake and need to choose a different web browser to open URLs. If you are in the same boat, follow the step below to change the default web browser on Android.
- Open Settings on Android Device
- Scroll down and Tap on “Apps and Notifications“
- Tap on “Default Apps” and find the “Browser“
- Now choose the Web Application you wish to open URL’s by default.
It’s always a better idea to never set it as the default web browser and rather keep it multiple-choice options Where the user is asked to select the web browser to open the given URL.
How to Change Default Home page in Mozilla?
Mozilla or Firefox is a multiplatform browser. But, we are going to learn to change the default home page on the Android Mozilla browser.
- Open Mozilla web browser on Android.
- Tap on three dots on the lower right corner and open “settings”.
- Next tap on “Homepage” and choose “set a homepage”.
- You can set any web pages as the default homepage on Mozilla Android.
- Close and restart the browser to confirm the action.
How to Change Default Homepage in Opera?
Opera is the second most used browser for Android. Follow the steps below to change the default homepage on Opera Android.
- Open Opera web browser on Android.
- Tap on “Settings” in the bottom right corner of the browser.
- Here open Homepage and eliminate “Speed search sites”.
- Now, tap on plus sign”+” and enter the web address you want to set as the default homepage on Opera.
This method works for Opera and Opera mini browser on Android as well.
How to Remove content://com.android.browser.home/
As you know the syntax “content://com.android.browser.home/” is the default UL for opening and changing the homepage on the default browser on Android. This can also be used to remove the default homepage as well. This is how you do it;
- Open the default(pre-installed) web browser on Android.
- Now open settings by navigating the menu.
- Tap on the General option.
- Here, enter the desired URL or web page address to set it as the default homepage on the Android browser.
Alternative Methods to Change Default Homepage on Android
Besides these, there are other alternative methods you can use to change the default homepage on the default browser on your Android device. Learn here;
1. Using opened tab
- Open a new tab on the default browser and open a URL you want to set as default.
- Open menu option using three dots at the upper right corner
and open settings.
- Here tap on “Set Homepage” option.
- Touch the settings option on the landing page, and you’ll be prompted to insert the URL.
- Insert the desired landing page site URL. This will change the default homepage.
2. Change default Homepage using Bookmark
- Launch a site that you require to introduce as the default homepage on your web browser.
- Click on the menu icon -> Move to the Bookmark and save the site URL.
- Next, click on the menu button again -> Persist to Bookmark or History page.
- Find and long-tap on the site’s URL -> A pop-up will be shown -> select it to set as Homepage.
Where is the browser on this phone?
The app used to visit the websites and open web link is called a browser. Like other app icons, you can identify a browser with the icon. Google Chrome, Opera mini, etc are some popular browse apps for android.
What is the default browser for Android?
Officially Google Chrome is the default browser for Android Smartphones.
content://com.android.browser.home/ is a syntax to change or remove Homepage setting for default browser on Android. The setting is usually hidden by default and is not accessible to edit or change.