Android SDK Platform Tools Download for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
Android SDK Platform Tools zip is used for debugging, rooting, OTA updates and making other customization to android devices. Download Android SDK platform tool for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems here.
Android SDK Platform Tools
The Android SDK and Android Studio are tools provided by Google for developers for the purpose of developing Android apps. The Android SDK(Android Development Kit) is consisted of all the necessary tools required for Android development and debugging.
The Android SDK tool consists of Developer, Debugger, error logs (logcat) and other tools required for development and testing of an app. The tools also consist of Fastboot and ADB tools as well.
But, unlike developer, most of the users who need to customize, debug or remove system apps only from android are not required to download the entire Android SDK platform tool as it is huge in size(1-2GB).
In such, there is a compact SDK platform tool available to download and use. Thankfull, Google has finally made the platform tools binaries available separately for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Now you can simply download the Android SDK platform-tools zip and make use of it directly.
Download SDK Platform Tools for Windows, Mac, & Linux
These Android SDK Platform Tools are available to download for different OS platforms including Windows, MAC and Linux separately.
- Download Android SDK Platform Tools for Windows
- Download Android SDK Platform Tools for Mac
- Download Android SDK Platform Tools for Linux
How to use Android SDK Platform Tools
- Make sure you have the latest Android USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Download the platform tools zip file from the downloads section above.
- Extract the zip file to get the SDK Platform Tools.
- Open the extracted folder and open command prompt from inside that folder.
- Inside the folder, type ‘cmd’ in the address bar and hit enter to open a command shell.
- Allow USB Debugging | Authorize ADB Commands on Android: This guide will help you on how to prepare your Android device.
Now you have successfully installed the Android SDK Platform Tools on your Windows PC.
Here is the list of ADB and Fastboot commands you can use to debug or customize your Android.
Download SDK Platform Tools for Windows, Mac, & Linux. SDK Platform Tools is an android development tool provided by Google itself. A standard SDK tool is consists of a developer, debugger, ADB and Fastboot loader. These tools are used for android app development, debugging, rooting, OTA update and removing bloatware from the device.