Bluestacks is no doubt one of the best Android Emulators for your Windows PC and Mac. But comes a situation when you need to uninstall the emulator from your PC either for sake of a fresh installation of BlueStacks or troubleshoot some stubborn error.
Whatsoever the reason is, here is the step to step guide to uninstall BlueStacks completely from a Windows and Mac PC. Uninstalling BlueStacks will remove all the application, instances, game data, and login details as well.
How to Uninstall Bluestacks on Windows(7,8,10 and later)
There are two methods to uninstall the Bluestacks from Windows PC. The best method to uninstall the emulator is to use the default program and feature manager on Windows to uninstall Bluestacks and later delete the temporary files and remove registry entries.
Follow the steps below to uninstall Bluestacks on Windows PC using control panel.
- Open Program and Feature in Windows under Control panel.
- Here click on Bluestacks and hit uninstall option.
- Follow the instruction on the uninstallation process windows.
Once uninstalled it is time to remove the temporary files.
The residual files and temporary data are still stored on the PC even you have successfully uninstalled the bluestacks. In order to uninstall it completely, you are required to remove the temporary files and clean the registry as well. Follow the steps below;
Removing Temporary Bluestacks junk files
- Press Windows+R Key to open Run dialog box on Windows PC.
- Here type %temp% and hit enter key to open the temporary files folder.
- Here delete all the files folders in the Temp folder.
Cleaning the Bluestacks registry entries
- Press Windows+R button to one Run dialog box
- Type Regedit and hit OK to open registry editor on Windows.
- Here Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > BlueStacks.
- Delete all the entries related to Bluestacks.
- Go back and restart your Windows.
This will remove uninstall the Bluestacks completely and remove the temporary files. You can also use the official Bluestaks cleaner tool to remove the Bluestacks from Windows PC as well.
Uninstall Bluestacks on Windows using 3rd party tool
If you are facing any error and find it difficult to uninstall Bluestacks using the default method explained above. Then it is suggested to use the official Bluestaks cleaner tool free to download from the Official Bluestacks website.
Follow the steps below to use BlueStack Cleaner to uninstall Bluestacks on Windows PC.
- Download the BlueStack Cleaner and run open it.
- Click yes if asked for administration permission.
- This will start the uninstalling process of Blustacks from your PC.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- The pop-up window will confirm the removal of Bluestacks.
- Click “OK” on the “Process has been finished” screen.
This is the easy method to uninstall Bluestacks completely concluding the game data and settings. The process doesn’t require you to remove the temp files and registry entries as the process is automated.
How to Uninstall Bluestacks on Mac
- Open Mac and Click on Go from the Finder menu bar.
- Click on “Applications” to open it.
- Here locate Bluestacks application.
- Now right-click on it and select “Move to bin” option.
This will remove Bluestacks from MacOS completely.
You can always download and install the latest version of Buestacks and install it back on Windows and Mac PC.
This was a guide to Uninstall Bluestacks on Windows and MacOS completely. You can use the methods to remove the residual files and reset the Bluestcat by uninstalling and install a fresh copy of Emulator.