Google Partner Setup is an app that helps you run applications in conjunction with Google products. For example, with this application’s help, you can use the calendar from your device with a ToDo app that you’ve just installed. Learn all About Google Partner.
What is Google Partner Setup? Do I need it?
Google Partner Setup is software on your Android device that helps you run applications in conjunction with Google products.
For example with this application’s help, you can use the calendar from your device with a To-Do program that you’ve just installed, or use grammar auto-correct software while you write a text message.
This Google Partner Setup cannot be downloaded or deleted because it comes with certain hardware and GMS certification.
Google Partner setup helps the Android user to use the feature of an app with another app. Just like Google keyboard autocorrects is used with other apps. Another example is the Google Calendar associated with a to-do list app and others.
What is a Google partner app?
A Google Partner app works with another app on your Android in conjunction with other Google products.
There is not an official list of Google Partner apps but all the apps that are compatible with other apps fall in the list. Google Gboard keyboard, Google contacts, and Google Calender are names of the few Google partner app.
Google.partner.setup is an Android app that makes able multiple apps compatible with each other. It makes the compatibility between Google Partner Setup and Google products.
Various Google products like Google Translate, Google Keyboard, Google Meet, etc use this application to make the work easier for the users.
How Does the Google Partner Setup Work?
Google Partner Setup is a pre-installed app on Android devices that is accountable to help Google services and Google partner accounts to configure the phone number, websites, and other accounts on the device.
Here is the list of main functions of Google Partner Setup on Android;
- Phone Number Configuration: As the term suggests itself, the function allows Android users to make necessary changes to their phone numbers across google service and accounts or partner accounts.
- Website Configuration: This is another handy function that lets users make changes to website addresses that are associated with their Google Partner account.
- Settings Configuration: This function on Google partner setup allows the Android user to modify various settings linked to Google partner accounts that include password recovery and notification management tasks as well.
The app is also handy for fixing problems that usually occur soon after you have updated your Android device to a new version of the operating system. It can also be helpful for resolving issues that occur when you are using a custom ROM or kernel on your phone.
Can I Disable Google Partner Setup?
This Android app is useful for connectivity between Google apps with other ones, so there is no reason to disable it. It may be possible if it comes with specific hardware.
It is too difficult to disable or uninstalls the Google Partner Setup. But if performed, it may cause problems to your phone.
Can I uninstall Google Partner setup?
No, it is not possible to uninstall or disable the Google Partner App on Android. However, you can uninstall the Google partner setup if the device is rooted.
How do you fix “unfortunately Google partner has stopped”?
Google Partner setup may cause a pop-up notification “Unfortunately google partner setup has stopped?”. This is due to some corrupt cache partition or data.
The Google.partner.setup app functionality may be affected if the problem persists. Here are the methods you can use to fix the Google Partner setup error.
Method 1: Clear the Cache Data
- Open app drawer by going to settings on the Android device.
- Here open the hamburger menu by tapping on three horizontal lines on the top-right corner.
- Select Show System Processes
- Scroll down and tap open Google Partner setup.
- Now tap on clear cache.
Go back and restart to see if you are still experiencing the notification error.
Method 2: Install A Stock ROM
Installing a stock ROM on a rooted device can also resolve the error causing the pop-up notification “Unfortunately Google partner setup has stopped?”.
But, rooting the phone may void your warranty. Also, it requires a bit advanced level of knowledge. You can follow the instructions here.
Method 2: Factory reset Android
If clearing the cache doesn’t seem to work and even a custom ROM doesn’t solve the Google partner error then you might need to factory reset your Android.
But, before you proceed let me let you, a hard reset or factory reset will restore the Android in factory mode which means all the saved data including contacts, media, or downloaded apps on the device will be deleted.
Make sure to keep a local or cloud backup of your important data.
To Factory reset Android
- Switch off the Android device.
- Press and hold the Volume up+power button.
- Release the power button while holding the volume button pressed once the Android logo appears on the screen.
- Now once you are on the recovery screen use the volume up/down button to navigate across options.
- Go to factory reset and press the power button to select.
- Follow the instruction and select confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish.
What is a Google Backup Transport?
What is a partner browser?
Partner browser is malware, spread by a job application(cannot name here) that hijacks your Android browser by changing the browser homepage to a fake search engine.
The real purpose of this malware is to collect the user information and data fetched on the browser.
Read Also: How to Know if my Android is hacked?
Goggle partner Setup -Final Words
Google Partner Setup is an app that helps you run applications in conjunction with Google products. It is not possible to uninstall or disable it on Android without rooting the device. The app remains running in the background and helps users to use Google products with another primary app. Don’t forget to check our ABOUT section for other information guides for Android.
WHAT TO READ NEXT?