Com.dti.folderlauncher on Android Explained
Com.dti.folderlauncher is another system app on Android devices like other system apps on Android has it’s own significance. Similarly, com.dti.folderlauncher is the package name for the default laucher app on android app that is accountable to launch multiple apps using the single icon. Know more about it. What is com.dti.folderlauncher? What is it used for? Is it safe and how to uninstall and troubleshoot error caused by com.dti.folderlauncher on android?
Samsung devices are well known for installing bloatware, sometime few essential system apps are also confused as bloatware. com.dti.folderlauncher is the package name one of such essential system app found in Samsung android phones.
As we know, every app on Android is assigned a different package name that is used by the Google play Store and Android system as well to distinguish one app from another and identify them.
What is com.dti.folderlauncher App on Android?
com.dti.folderlauncher is one of the essential apps on Samsung android phones that is used by the Android system to allow users to launch any number of apps from a single icon.
- Name: Games
- Package Name: com.dti.folderlauncher
- Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
What permission do com.dti.folderlauncher have?
As a android user, I am always curious about the app and the permission. Maybe the due to over-enthusiasm or privacy concerns( although I don’t have anything personal types of media files on my android). Although the Folder laucher doesn’t fall in the category of app that can acces most of the permission on the device.
Folder launcher Package name: com.dti.folderlauncher) has some basic permission on the device which are as follows;
- Location(User need to grand it on first usages)
- draw over other app
Does Game hub(Com dti folder launcher) contain Virus?
There is no significant signs of Game Hub containing any malicious code, malware, Spyware, or virus. The app is there with a sole purpose of providing the user to access the games to download and play them.
Also, it has not enough permission to access data like media, contact or phone etc. The app cannot access messages and contacts as well.
Is com.dti.folderlauncher safe?
com.dti.folderlauncher is developed by Samsung electronics itself. The sole purpose of the app is to allow users to install addons like Games, security apps etc by opening the app.
The app is completely safe and doesn’t contain any malware, virus or keylogger at all.
Read Also: How to Fix a Hacked Android Phone? Diagnose and Troubleshoot
Can I Uninstall com.dti.folderlauncher?
Like other bloatware, it is possible to get rid of it and uninstall com.dti.folderlauncher completely without affecting the operation and functions of your Samsung phone.
How to Uninstall com.dti.folderlauncher from Samsung?
There are typically two methods to uninstall com.dti.folderlauncher which are as follows;
1. Using ADB
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.dti.folderlauncher
- Wait for a few seconds. You’ll notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
If you are new to ADB then you must follow the guide here to Setup and use ADB on android. Here is the list of complete ADB commands for android.
2. Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root to your Android device. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for Games and select this app by tapping on the checkbox next to it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
What is used com.dti.folderlauncher?
You might notice the used com.dti.folderlauncher in on your device Google accounts Google activity. This signifies the use of the Folder launcher by the use on the device.
How to fix the com dti folderLauncher problem?
- Clean/Wipe Cache Partition
- Factory Reset Motorola.
- Boot in Safe Mode and Remove App(Read here: How to Boot Android in Safe mode?)
- Update Firmware.
- Root your Samsung(Carefull!! this will void the warranty).
- Contact service center.
OTHER SYSTEM APPS ON SAMSUNG
- com.samsung.tmowfc.wfcpref on Android
- What is Com.Samsung.Android.Da.Daagent?
- What Is Com.Samsung.Android.Dialer?
- Com.samsung.android.mdm Package
- What is ANT radio service on Samsung?
- What is KLMS agent on Samsung Phones?
- What Is Samsung App Stack?
- What is com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer on Android
- What is com.osp.app.signin on Samsung
This was a brief explanation to Com.dti.folderlauncher App on Samsung Android device. This the package name of a software bundle app like Game apps on Samsung phones where you can open multiple apps using a single app icon. The app is installed under the package name Com.dti.folderlauncher App and considered as bloatware. It is safe for the device and doesn’t contain any malware or virus. Users can easily disable or uninstall the app package using ADB shell commands and system app remover on a rooted device. Also, don’t forget to visit the about section to know more about system apps and bloatware on Android phones.